Friday, August 29, 2008

Mr. January (hubba hubba!!)

Happy Monday Underground Gold Miners Fans! Please find attached a photo of Mr. January. His name is Ernie and he’s a Lead Miner/Driller. When asked about his job, Ernie had the following to say, “Even in a great legend of a mine like the Sixteen to One Mine, it sometimes gets down to one man’s physical power. It also takes a well trained eye on the quartz to reckon just where you are, where you are going, and to decide where you want to be.” So true!!!! Now I don't want you to think I don't love my hubby Dale, because he's still the apple of my eye, but if I had to pick someone to spend time with at the bottom of a dark shaft, it would surely be Ernie. Take a good look in his smoldering eyes and tell me you don't feel the same way!!! !

One piece of business we do have to get out of the way today is the self nomination of Scott Namanny to the position of fan club treasurer. He feels that since his grandfather died in a gold mine in South Africa he should automatically get the position. I told him that here in America we don't have apartheid, so he's going to need to get voted in just like every other white person.

DSC02423

Fan Club President Pro Tem
Margaret Fisk

No comments: